The Abbotts Bridge Road between Station Run to Parsons Road (west of Medlock Bridge Road) has been closed due to icy conditions. Other closures may arise.
- City offices are closing at 3 p.m.
- The Emergency Operations Center will open at 3 p.m. to monitor weather-related issues and direct responses.
- Public Works crews in two spreader trucks and a Transportation Response Vehicle pre-treated bridges with salt and sand mixture Tuesday morning before snowfall.
- Crews in the spreader trucks, the TRV and a power broom vehicle are also treating stretches of main arteries known to ice up, as well as spots that have been identified by police or reported by the public.
- The City has a grader and additional crews on stand-by.
- Johns Creek has 275 tons of salt and sand on hand, and more readily available just across the border in Forsyth County.
- Residents are advised to stay home.
- If you are in an accident or stuck in your vehicle, call 911 and emergency vehicles will respond as soon as possible.