Are you having difficulties with your property's irrigation system? Or do you just want to learn about such systems? Fulton County's Department of Water Resources will host a Smart Irrigation workshop at its Johns Creek Environmental Campus on July 24.
Participants will learn how to correctly use and maintain their irrigation system. A certified irrigation specialist will be on site to answer questions, according to the county's news release.
The workshop will be offered on two dates:
- Tuesday, July 17, 6 –7 p.m., Southwest Arts Center, 915 New Hope Road, Atlanta 30331
- Tuesday, July 24, 2012, 6-7 p.m., Johns Creek Environmental Campus, 8100 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell 30022
During the session, residents will learn about essential maintenance tips to ensure that their irrigation system is always operating at its best. Some specific topics will include:
- Programming irrigation controllers;
- Inspecting the irrigation system for leaks;
- Understanding how to adjust sprinkler head height, spray patterns and positions;
- Rain sensor installation.
Bring questions about your specific irrigation system. To get accurate answers, make sure you know what specific type of system you have (Rain Bird, Hunter, Toro, etc.) and ensure that you can describe any specific challenges you are experiencing.
For more information, email Jennifer McLaurin at or call 404-612-8745.