On the agenda are proposals to amend the city's ethics code, authorize the mayor to enter discussions with adjoining cities over public safety and transportation issues and the termination of the contract with attorney Robert Wilson who was contracted to investigate possible wrong-doings by the mayor.
First up is the swearing in of Mayor Mike Bodker, Council member Kelly Stewart and Council member elect Lenny Zaprowski and Cori Davenport.
Then the council will get down to business on some key issues facing the city.
- Elect a new Mayor Pro-Tem
- Consider authorizing the mayor to enter into discussions with the city of Roswell regarding public safety and transportation issues at Brumbelow Road.
- Consider amending the city's code relating to ethics.
- Consider the withdrawal of all subpoenas issued by the investigating attorney, Robert Wilson, in the ongoing investigation against Mayor Bodker.
- Consider the termination of all pending investigations against the mayor and to repeal any conflicting resolutions.
- Consider repealing any resolutions of the City Council waiving or approving any waiver of attorney-client privilege by the members of City Council.
- Consider having staff look into a program to record and rebroadcast the city's public meetings.
- Consider authorizing the mayor to enter into discussions with adjoining and nearby cities regarding reciprocal non-resident park use.
Also on the agenda is an update by the city attorney on the Massage Parlor Ordinance and Special Election Options.
Click HERE for a copy of the complete Jan. 6, 2014 agenda.
Keep up with what's going on around town, sign up for the free Johns Creek Patch daily newsletter.