Following is a highlight of topics on the two agendas. The full agendas are available on the city's website.
On the Work Session agenda:
- Traffic signal at the Brumbelow and Nesbit Ferry road intersections. Council will review an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the City of Roswell to provide for the installation and ongoing maintenance of the traffic signal.
- Street Resurfacing: Council to discuss a proposed resolution of a Funding Pledge for Street Resurfacing.
- Special Election: Council to discuss a Call for a Special Election to fill the Council Posts 4 and 6 on May 20.
- Charter Changes: Council to discuss changes to the city charter for sections 3.23, 3.25, 3.26, 3.27, 4.12 and 6.24. Click here to access the city charter sections: 3.23, 3.25, 3.26 and 3.27 which involve the City Manager. Click here to access the city charter section 4.12 which involves the City Attorney. Click here to access the city charter section 6.24 which involves the operating budget.
And below are highlights of the City Council meeting agenda. Click here to view a complete agenda and here for the agenda packet.
Highlights of Jan. 27 meeting:
- Update on the RFQ for Public Meeting Broadcasting
- Update on the Massage parlor Ordinance Amendments
- State Legislative Updates
Wages Funeral Home: Rezoning to allow a driveway for the funeral home on the 10900 block of Bell Road. PUBLIC HEARING
Barnwell Road Pedestrian and Safety Improvements: Council to consider approving the GDOT agreement for the PFA project.
Zoning Map Amendment: Council to consider amending the zoning map to allow for two single family lots on the 9300 block of Brumbelow Road. PUBLIC HEARING
Zoning Map Amendment: Council to consider amending the zoning map to allow for the construction of a 49-lot townhouse development on the 10600 block of State Bridge Road and the 4800 block of Morton Road. PUBLIC HEARING
Set Special Election Date and qualifying fees to fill the vacant Post 4 and 6 city council seats.
Council to consider a proposed resolution in the matter of Michael E. Bodker vs. City of Johns Creek.
Visit the city's website to view the complete agenda and agenda packet for this meeting.
Sign up here for the daily Johns Creek Patch newsletter and keep up with what's happening in your town.