More than 275 job seekers and volunteers took part in a "Mini Job Fair" on Dec. 10 that was a joint effort by Roswell United Methodist Church and the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce.
Some 500 different job opportunities offered by 19 different employers in the metro Atlanta area were discussed in the job networking event. Job seekers had one-on-one conversations with employers who sought to fill the open positions.
This newly formed collaborative partnership was announced Nov. 27 at the chamber's monthly Eggs and Enterprise breakfast, with prospective employer representatives hearing a presentation given by Jay Litton, founder of the RUMC Job Networking program, and Katherine Simons, volunteer leader.
“Never before has a partnership of its kind between community and church been brought together for a more compelling purpose,” said Mrs. Simons. “Together this alliance hopes to bring jobs to job seekers while providing employees to local companies and those moving to our area.”
Workshops kicked off the Mini Job Fair at 1 p.m., teaching job seekers the most up-to-date search skills, as well as how to interview with successful results. Local employers who attended sat with job seekers during a dinner provided by RUMC and Roswell Rotarians. They joined in conversation leading to encouragement and giving professional advice, listening as Dr. Mike Long encouraged job seekers to keep hope and God in their search. He told a story about a local high school girl who grew up in the church and survived a recent life-threatening health situation, but who is now whole and danced in the annual Christmas concert. He wanted to offer job seekers hope for their own circumstances.
The next meeting of the chamber's Strategic Alliance and the church's Job Networking program will be Jan. 14. The next Mini Job Fair will be Monday, Feb. 11. Employers interested in participating should email Katherine Simons at , or Jay Litton by Monday, Feb. 4. Signing up now gives employers a full month of advertising at no cost via Job Networking’s expansive social media network and websites.
The list below highlights those employers who attended this month's networking event:
- Dell (Complete list of opportunities is at http://jobs.dell.com)
- Enterprise Car Rental (sales)
- Hunter Technical Resources (Java, .net dev., Cisco Eg. or www.htrjobs.com)
- Applied Resource Group (.net)
- Northwest Exterminators (sales)
- NASCO (IT Proj Mgr, Data Analysts, App Dev, Bus Sys Mgr)
- Edward Jones (Sales Agents)
- HTH Building Services (Building Cleaners)
- PrideStaff (Admin, Warehouse, Other)
- AAA Auto Club (Licensed Insurance Agents)
- Ackerman Security (Sales & Call Center)
- Sears Pool Management (pool maintenance, pool managers, lifeguards and more)
- RETEL Engineering (Project Coordinator, CAD Manager, CAD Operator/Designer)
- P.E. Structures (estimator/project superintendent for local commercial projects)
- Sign-A-Rama (Sign Sales/Marketing & Networking)
- Quantum Success Strategies (Insurance and Financial Services/Sales and Sales Management Opportunities)
- Dell/Secureworks (Security Analyst)
- Frontline Selling (sales)