Vanilla Ice Cream or Pineapple Sherbet
Red/Pink colored sherbet
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. For each flavor, you'll let the sherbet/ice cream soften for a few minuets before using. The red sherbet should be mixed with the mini chocolate chips.
2. Use a round spring-form pan. You may want to line the bottom of the pan with wax paper or parchment paper if you plan to transfer the entire "pie" to another dish before serving. The pie is actually cuter sliced and served on individual plates.
3. Starting with the lime, spread a ring of sherbet around the edge of the spring-form pan - about 2 inches high or taller if you want!), and about 1-2 inches wide from the outside edge of the pan.
4. Put pan in freezer to harden the lime layer.
5. Repeat step 3 with the vanilla, but make the layer much thinner - maybe 1/2 inch. Use a butter knife to flatten the top, evening out the lime with the vanilla. Put pan in freezer to harden again.
6. Repeat step 3 with the red/chocolate chip sherbet. Fill the rest of the pan, then use the butter knife to flatten the top. Freeze!
7. When it's time to eat, run a knife around the edge of the pan before popping off the outside of the spring-form pan. Use a thin blade knife to slice.
For more summertime recipes and activities, click HERE.