With the first day of school for Fulton County students on Monday, CHOA is sharing these five tips every teacher and parent should know when throwing a party:
- Ditch the sugary drinks. Encourage water, not soda, sports drinks or juice.
- Limit sweet treats. Serve plenty of colorful fruit and veggies instead.
- Take the focus off food by planning more activities.
- Create a scavenger hunt, do arts and crafts, have a dance party or enjoy extra playground time.
- Check out your school’s wellness policy for more ideas—and add your own!