A new survey from Spectrem Group’s Millionaire Corner shows broadcast television, landlines and newspapers are still popular among investors; most watch broadcast TV, have a telephone landline and maintain a newspaper subscription.
However, the small percentages of young investors (age 40 and under) in these categories may portend long-lasting changes to the way investors communicate.
These and other results from Millionaire Corner’s latest Investor Pulse, a monthly reading of investor attitudes, include:
- The majority continue to watch TV as it is broadcast, rather than online or via DVR
- 76 percent of respondents still have a telephone landline, though 46 percent have considered getting rid of it
- 98 percent have a cell phone
- The majority of respondents have a newspaper subscription; the wealthier the individual, the more likely they are to have a subscription
- Only 31 percent of individuals under age 40 have a subscription