With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and party going, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought around town and require little stress at some of the businesses voted by our readers as their favorites, as well as a few editor's suggestions thrown in.
- Go to Readers Choice winner Johns Creek Wine & Crystal and pick out some affordable wine and champagne as well as party ware. Dal Cuore Market also sells wine, as well as gourmet food items.
- For unique gift items such as candles, soaps, accessories and more, readers voted Emory Johns Creek Gift Shop as the best place for gifts. Red Hound is another great place to find unique gifts, and don't forget the recently opened Lemon Drop Shoppe.
- For the clothes hound on your list, check out Readers Choice winner Blue Dangles.
- How about a surprise dinner for someone special? Readers chose Kathleen's Catch as best fish market, and its conveniently located in the same shopping plaza on Medlock Bridge as Johns Creek Wine & Crystal and Blue Dangles.
- Gift certificates for salons and spas are always good ideas. Check out Readers Choice winners SoHo Salon and Salon Doremi.
What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas places to shop? Share in the comments below.