County Giving Flu Shots in North Fulton
Use the flu shot finder in this article to find other locations giving the vaccine.
- January 14, 2013
Influenza activity continues to increase in the United States, and most of the country is now experiencing high levels of influenza-like-illness (ILI), according to CDC's latest FluView report. Fulton County Health Services continues to recommend influenza vaccination for people who have not yet been vaccinated this season and antiviral treatment as early as possible for people who get sick and are at high risk of flu complications.
Fulton County has six locations where residents can receive the flu vaccination, including the North Fulton Regional Health Center in Alpharetta. Citizens can visit one of these six health centers for the flu vaccine:
- North Fulton Regional Health Center - 3155 Royal Drive, Alpharetta, 404-332-1834
- Adamsville Regional Health Center-3700 Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. SW, Atlanta, 404-613-4215
- College Park Regional Health Center-1920 John E. Wesley Ave., College Park, 404-765-4155
- Lakewood Health Center - 1853 Jonesboro Rd., SE, Atlanta, 404-624-0626
- Neighborhood Union Health Center - 186 Sunset Ave., Atlanta, 404-612-4665
- Center for Health and Rehabilitation - 265 Boulevard, NE, Atlanta, 404-612-5835
Vaccines are available from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness.
Residents can get the flu shot or the nasal mist (age 2 to 49 years) for $25. Visa and MasterCard (credit and debit), Medicaid, Cigna, United Health Care and cash are accepted forms of payment.
Fulton officials are warning citizens that people who do not get a flu vaccine are taking two significant risks - one, they are placing themselves at risk for influenza, including a potentially long and serious illness; and two, placing others, especially children ages 6 months and older, adults ages 50 and older and persons with chronic medical conditions at risk to develop serious complications. Fulton County Health Services encourages every healthy individual over the age of 6 months to get the flu vaccine.